The 2020 TCS New York City Marathon, set to take place on November 1, has been canceled. New York Road Runners (NYRR), the event organizer, in partnership with the Mayor’s Office of the City of New York, have made the decision to cancel the world’s largest marathon due to coronavirus-related health and safety concerns for runners, spectators, volunteers, staff, and the many partners and communities that support the event. Please review your resolution options and follow the guide below to make your resolution selection.
YOUR RESOLUTION OPTIONS
If you registered for the race using a Team for Kids invitation code, your resolution options are as follows:
- Refund* of your race entry fee
- Complimentary entry for a future marathon**
- Donate* the value of your entry fee to support NYRR’s free youth and community programs.
* If you select Refund, Donate, or Close my 2020 Team for Kids Individual Member Agreement, you will forfeit your race entry. Your 2020 Team for Kids Individual Member Agreement will be closed and you will have no further fundraising commitment. Please note that the Team for Kids sign-up fee and any donations collected to date are non-refundable.
** If you select entry for a future marathon:
- Funds raised in your 2020 campaign will be credited toward fulfilling your minimum fundraising commitment in the year selected. Additionally, your fundraising deadline will be extended to 31 days before the date of the marathon you select.
- You will participate in a future marathon selection process in 2021 to choose the year for your entry (either 2021, 2022, or 2023). You may not be guaranteed your preferred year due to potential limitations to future field sizes. As we work through the planning process with government officials, we will make it a priority to share information as it is determined.
If you did not register using a Team for Kids invitation code/if you signed up to run the marathon as an Altruist with TFK:
Please reference the Resolution Selection email sent on July 15 or contact [email protected] for details on your Team for Kids resolution options and how to make your resolution selection.
MAKING YOUR SELECTION
If you registered for the race using a Team for Kids invitation code, you will make your selection through nyrr.org:
- Log into your NYRR account.
- Navigate to "Registered Events" in your dashboard. The marathon will appear in this list.
- Under "Resolution", make your selection.
- Follow the process above to review/edit your selection through August 15.
All other runners should reference the Resolution Selection email sent by Team for Kids on Wednesday, July 15 for more information.
Your resolution selection must be made by August 15, 2020.
If you have any questions, please send us an email at [email protected]