When you run with Team for Kids, you get guaranteed entry into premier races while raising vital funds to support NYRR youth programs. New York Road Runners offers free health and fitness programs to children in schools across the country. By teaching goal-setting, perseverance, determination, and teamwork, NYRR youth running programs get kids on track toward a healthy and successful life. You can help further that mission and help us teach the next generation of athletes by running with Team for Kids!
Personalize your individual fundraising page using our Profile User Guide. Learn how to add photos to your page, customize your message, and more. The more personalized your fundraising profile, the more potential donors will connect with your message!
Five Steps To a Successful Online Fundraiser
1. Get to Know Our Youth Programs. NYRR offers kids the opportunity to learn and grow through running. NYRR youth programs include school-based programs such as Rising New York Road Runners, plus exciting youth events and award-winning teaching tools to help adults get kids running. Before you start fundraising, take some time to learn more so you are ready to discuss this important cause with donors.
Get to Know Rising New York Road Runners:
2. Plan Your Campaign. Before you start asking for donations, take some time to think about what you want to say and who you want to ask. The most successful fundraising messages are personal and heartfelt. Be able to articulate why you are running this event with Team for Kids. Think about who you can ask, and how you can tailor your message to them. Think of planning your fundraising like training for a race: plan for success in advance and adjust your plans as needed. And your training plan? The comprehensive Team for Kids Fundraising Guide we've created for you!
3. Ask, Ask, Ask. Once you have your plan, start asking for donations early and often. It's good to approach potential donors using different methods including email, phone calls, social media, in-person asks, and matching gift requests. However you ask, make sure your message is strong, polite, and personal! Be sure to always include your personal Team for Kids link in your ask to make it easy for people to donate.
4. Follow Up. Team Some of your donors will respond immediately after you ask for a donations: others will need a reminder. Don't be afraid to follow up on your first request with another email, call, or note. Share the progress you've made in your campaign - chances are, folks will be impressed by your commitment and even more likely to donate!
5. Thank Your Donors . Team for Kids sends automatic thank you emails to all donors, but we recommend that you always send a personal thank you as well. It's a great opportunity to express your gratitude and update your donors on your training and fundraising progress. It's also a great idea to send another thank you after the race so your donors can share in your accomplishment!